Our crate engines have been extremely popular in the MR2 world for the past few years now, so we wanted to make them even better and offer you even more for your money.
The ultimate bang for you r buck powerplant setup for the MR2 comes with everything you need to convert your Toyota MR2 AW11 or SW20 into a 3.5 V6 300hp powered track monster or one hell of a grocery getter.
Our kits have been built and assembled over years of experience building 2GR swaps in-house for our customs. With reliability, simplicity, and performance as our guiding principles, our package includes as many parts as we can think of to make the overall swap process straightforward and easy for the at-home DYI mechanic. By preparing, assembling, running, and testing your 2GR engine in-house before delivery to your door, we provide an additional level of confidence your new swap will be everything you are expecting.
Below are all the parts included in the kits. You can find each of these under the 2GR section of our website. These kits are made to order. We also offer a universal kit for running this in any setup (no chassis-specific parts included).
Price does not include freight delivery costs. Lower 48 USA cost usually ranges from $400-700. Delivery to a shop/business with a forklift or loading dock will lower freight costs.
90-day Warranty from Delivery Date
These kits are made to order. Engines are completed in order by the order dates. Contact us for details if you have specific questions!
Rat2 2GR Crate Motor Kit:
- 2GR engine prepped, built, ran & tested
- See your engine run BEFORE installing it in your car!
- Powder Coated Valve Covers
- R2 Modified Water Neck
- R2 Motor mount
- R2 Custom Plug and Play Harness
- R2 Throttle Adapter
- R2 Exhaust Manifolds
- R2 Exhaust Y-Pipe - We now build and offer adapters to bolt up any TCS Motorsports Stainless exhaust system!
- R2 Intake, Filter
- R2 Throttle Pedal
- R2 Tach Adapter
- R2 Hardware Kit
- R2 Inspection Cover
- Coolant Lines
- R2 PVC Kit/Vacuum System
- Walbro 255 Fuel Pump w/ kit
- Heater Lines
- Modified ECU, no CEL or Immobilizers! ~285whp
- E153 Axle Carrier
- New Alternator
- R2 Fuel AN Fitting Kit w/ Braided Line w/AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
- ACT Heavy Duty Clutch Kit
- Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel
- OEM Denso Mass Air Flow Sensor
- OEM Denso O2 Sensors x2
- R2 2GR Lift Plate
- Full Tune-Up Kit w/ Gaskets and Filters
Direct Bolt in 2GR Motor Mounts for the AW11 (E153 or S54 Available)
- Custom Axles for E153 (-$400 if you are running an S54 transmission and do not need these since you are using the matching S54 instead)
- Shift Cable Assembly for Transmission adapter
The following are services are performed or verified on your 2GR engine before test running:
- Oil Pan Gasket
- Intermediate Pan Gasket
- Oil Pump O Ring
- Timing Cover Gasket
- Water Pump
- Water Pump Gasket
- VVT/Oil Squirter O-ring Seals x6
- Oil Mister Seals
- Thermostat Housing O-Ring
- Injector Isolators/Seals
- Timing Tensioner Gasket
- Valve Stem Seals
- Head Gaskets
- PCV Valve
- Spark Plugs
- Splug Plug tube seal
- Valve Cover Gasket
- Rear Retainer Gaskets
- Rear Main Seal
- Exhaust Manifolds Gaskets
- Intake Manifold Gaskets
- Intake Plenum Gaskets
- Water Outlet Gaskets
- Water Inlet O-Rings
- Drain Plug O-Ring
- Stainless Hardware
- Hot tank cleaned and rinsed all parts
- Modified for slave clearance
- Bell Housing Drilled and Tapped
With a relatively complete, factory spec car, there will be no other major parts needed to get your new swap running. *Other parts you may need to also get depending on your application or current cars condition. If you are unsure what your setup is looking for feel free to contact us for consultation on the requirements of your build. .
R134a A/C KIT +$800
We provide an optional extra AC kit for those wanting to keep their cars ice-cool in the hot summers! A new OEM AC compressor, custom plug, and play lines/hoses, and wired up and comes ready to install to your car, with an r134a conversion kit! We will install this on the engine, with a slightly different belt/routing than the standard-non AC setup.
**We require your original AC line cores to complete these. In some cases, we can source new lines, but this is also an additional cost**
Camshaft Upgrade $1995
When assembling your new 2GR, we can include a set of MRW custom camshafts and titanium valve springs. Contact for spec and details on your setup!