NO CORES NEEDED!
To get your new 2GR running in your MR2 without any electrical gremlins, the easiest thing to do is to swap in a brand new harness, custom-built for your setup. Our harnesses provide full functionality of the necessary 2GR features, integrated seamlessly into the factory MR2 chassis. This is not a conversion service, but rather a new harness entirely custom-built in-house for the 2GRFE MR2 setup. No old core engine wiring harness your 3S/5S or 2GR needed (but they do help)!
Through years of building in-house 2GR swaps, we design and specifically optimized a new harness layout for simplicity, reliability, and ease of use. Although not a fully "tucked" harness, this harness has been designing with its visual impact on the engine bay in mind. The harness is neatly "tucked" out of the way where possible while staying stable and not unnecessarily awkward to install and use.
This harness comes with one of our Rat2 Motorsports Tach Adapters, allowing the factory MR2 AW11 or SW20 tachometer to be used with the 2GR. No modification is needed to the dash at all! With this setup your car's factory wiring remains effectively untouched, making the 2GR swap reversible or interchanged at any time. We also include ECU mounting brackets, OBD 1&2 ports/brackets and provide the throttle and throttle adapter for the e-throttle setup in the SW20. We do have the e-throttle kit for the AW available.
We will contact you to confirm the options and specs for your harness.
- 5 Pin or 2 Pin 2GR ECUs (Stand-alone options available as special request)
- All AW11 and SW20 chassis are available. (ZZW30 available with special request)
- Custom built, premium harness construction
- Brand new plugs and/or pins throughout
- High-end abrasive and heat resistant harness wrap
- INCLUDES the RAT2 TACH ADAPTER!
- AC prewired for those running AC
- OBD1 Junction Box with original MR2 functionality
- OBD2 port with mount
- ECU Mount Kit (5-Pin Harness)
- Comes with a Drive-By-Wire harness extension for the e-throttle
- Best way to clean up the engine bay and add that custom, aftermarket look and simplicity
- Comprehensive wiring manual
- Full Tech Support for install/diagnostics
- FREE SHIPPING to the lower 48 USA!
If you have the correct engine harness cores to send us, you may choose to send them to us for a $200 core cost each.